Saturday, May 26, 2012

So, Kinka was right: Amrum is one beautiful place. We got up early for coffee and the drive to the ferry where we met a number of Rotarians from the Husum RC. The had reserved space for us on the ferry and a sumptuous breakfast was already laid out waiting for us. The ride was a little less than two hours and we saw lots of sea birds and seals. With the help of Husum RC member "Barbara" we got race tee shirts and numbers. It was quite a mass at the start but soon people spread out a bit. The first part of the race was through forest and was pretty easy but them we emerged to run on the soft sand of the beach and that was very hard. I struggled. Once we got off the beach it was better, but by then I was getting tired. Kinka passed me as we left the beach, and I chugged home feeling great because I had ran and finished but happy it was over. After we had all recovered with first water and then beer, be rode our bike into Nebel for ice cream. What a pretty town. Later we biked back to the ferry for the ride home. Bernd was waiting for Arthur and I and back at his house we enjoyed a delicious light supper with dunkel bier. Jetzt Ich bin mode. Gute Nacht!