Sunday, June 10, 2012

Amazing what a good night's sleep and a little R&R will do. Everyone looked and sounded much better today. The District Conference dinner last night was very long. The food was good and we enjoyed sitting with our new Bordesholm hosts, but the speeches were very long and needless to say, our German isn't good enough for us to understand what is being said. We had a piano player to accompany us with Röslein and I think we sang well, but the hall was so big we couldn't hear much of the audience singing with us. But we could see lots of smiling faces and DG Wolfgang Mueller-Michaelis was visibly emotional when he thanked us afterward. He said "I so wanted my American friends to be here this evening because I was so moved when I heard their presentation in Husum and their song." I guess it was worth staying. Here is the team waiting to go to dinner last night at the Conference.
And here is one of my favorite guest's at todays birthday barbecue