Sunday, June 17, 2012

Our last stop...Hamburg

It's our last stop and we have arrived in Hamburg. I had a sick day yesterday. Too much wine and not enought to eat. I did have some delicious oysters though but I think I had too many. So I have taken around 1300 pictures and lots of video and I can't wait to share them when I get home. I can't believe we are leaving on Thursday. The host families have been so kind and have welcomed us with open arms all the way through. My deepest gratitude to the families and friends we have made along the way for sharing their lives, culture and time with us. It will be sad to leave but I am looking forward to seeing my friends and family and eating a tasty hamburger!

Today is a free day with our host families. My host father Christian is going to take me for a walk along the Elbe River and tonight we will have an easy evening and have dinner together with the family and maybe watch the Eurocup.