Wednesday, June 20, 2012

It doesn't seen possible, but tomorrow morning we get on a plane to fly home. When we first arrived time seemed to go by slowly and we were savoring every moment and it seemed like we had lots of days ahead of us. And then things started to speed up and this last week time has flown. I think we all have mixed feelings. We all want to get home and see our families, sleep in our own beds, and be surrounded by our comfortable places and people. At the same time, we are a bit reluctant to have this incredible adventure come to an end. I don't think we will be able to fully process it until we have been home for a while. Our warmest thanks go out to all of the wonderful, kind, enjoyable, interesting, and special people we have met in Northern Germany. Today we did our final presentation, sang Roslein for the last time, met many of our friends from the Rotary Clubs we have visited, and said good-by. Wolfgang Janus gave a wonderful small speech about our visit and said he hoped we were taking back with us a good impression of Northern Germany. I don't know how it could be better. After the meeting I went out with Wolgang, Torbin, Claus, and Bernd and Christine for a beer at the Pavilion. So nice to sit and chat with them. Tonight I spend my last evening with my Hamburg hosts Arndt and Christina. I am picked up tomorrow morning at 7:15 for the short drive to the Hamburg airport and we will be on our way. I leave you with tow views from atop the Elbphilharmonie, the new Hamburg concert hall still under construction. What a gorgeous building.